Tuesday 28 August 2012

New Branding


While in the process of modelling a character within Maya, I came up with the idea of designing a professional brand for my blog. In order to make it within the industry; I need to reinvent my work and also myself as an artist.

The process of coming up with a brand name, designing the layout and the colour was quite complex but after a lot of experimentation and constructive criticism from peers, I have come up with a few possible final pieces. 
I wanted to give my brand name a very futuristic and stylish look which will stand out from the rest of the blog, after experimenting with the type of font; I came across and chose this style. While in Illustrator I was able to experiment with the layout of the title, I decided to rearrange and combine certain letters together to make the logo blend more as one and look more professional.

Here is one of the layout experiments, after this was completed I showed many people my photo and asked for their favourite one out of this selection. After a lot of detailed constructive critsicism, the two best brand designs were decided and experimented with more. 


Experimentation created within illustrator and Photoshop. 

The Best two designs were 'figure 2' and 'figure 4', by taking in all my peer's constructive feedback, i then experimented with the colour and the layout of the design. Also I experimented with the sub headings underneath the brand logo


1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your posts, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the excellent work.
    [url=http://www.printmasters.com.au/]cheap budget printing australia[/url]
    [url=http://www.printmasters.com.au/]business cards flyers brochures[/url]

    ReplyDelete